New Owner's Lotus Seven
1958 Lotus Seven Series 1 Climax FWE S/N 449
This Lotus Seven was Factory Assembled and one of the first 4 Imported to the USA in 1958. Lotus Cars, 7, Tottenham Lane, London Serial Number Plate. Historic Lotus Registered # 7-1FDO12. This car is fine for use on the Street and great for the Track with VSCCA and VSCDA Log Books.
5 known owners from new. The Original Ford 100E was removed and replaced with a Lancia Aurelia V6, Healey 3000 rear axle and raced in Southern California late 1950's-60's. Used as a road car in So-Cal from 1971-78. (See early photos near bottom of page) Sat Idle from 1979 to 1992 when refurbish was started using original Frame and body panels. Rear fenders and hood replaced at this time. Coventry Climax FWE, BMC straight cut, close ratio gearbox, oil cooler, and BMC Sprite double bearing rear axle fitted. Raced in Vintage/Historic Events from 1997 to 2007. Street licensed 2008 to Current. Lighting, New wiring and Burns Stainless headers/muffler installed.
- 1216CC Coventry Climax FWE Stage 3 Sasco Sports Overhaul 2001
- New Billet Crank, Carrillo Rods, Hi-Comp Pistons
- Pertronix Ignition and Rev Limiter
- SU Carb overhaul by Joe Curto, Inc.
- Tilton Aluminum Flywheel, 7 inch Clutch Disc and Pressure Plate
- BMC A Series Straight Cut/Close Ratio 4 Speed gearbox by Quantumechanics Inc.
- BMC Sprite Double Bearing Solid Axle Differential 4.88 ratio installed 4.55 spare
Dunlop Racing 500L-15 204 Compound on Dayton 15x5 60 Spoke Wire Wheels using Sasco racing tubes,
4 Wheel Girling Drum Brakes, 9 inch Alfin Front, 8 inch Rear. Dual 5/8" Girling Brake Master Cylinders with Tilton balance bar. Hydraulic Clutch actuation.
Original Frame and Alloy Sheeting in Polished Aluminum. Nose, Body and fenders/wings have proper patina for an original 60 year old racer. FuelSafe racing fuel cell installed but have the original alloy tank. Original modified hood/bonnet, modified fenders/wings are included. Racing style windshield installed.
Description from previous owner in 2011:
1958 Series 1 Seven, SN449
One of the first five Sevens imported by a dealer into the U.S. Long race history, all known and documented.
- Bullet proof, 1220 FWE Climax engine built by Sasco Sports. No expense spared.
- New billet crank: nitrited and magafluxed
- Carrillo rods
- J&E pistons
- New stage 3 five bearing cam
- Aluminum flywheel with Tilton racing clutch
- MGA close ratio transmission
- Sprite rear end: bullet proofed with racing axles and double bearing hubs
- 9 inch front Alfin front brakes
- EGT gauge
- Stack tach
- Many spares
- VSCCA log book, accepted by all vintage race organizations.
- This car is fast and ready to roll
Lancia Aurelia V6 Power: